BabyLegs

BabyLegs Leg Warmers, Baby Socks and Girls Tights

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Always have a stash!

Another ordinary night at TheLomax5. I was starting to get dinner ready. Tonight we were having Shake n Bake garlic herb chicken, mashed potatoes and corn. DS9 was finishing his math homework at the table. DD4 was watching The Little Mermaid for the hundredth time. While DD1 was just cruising around pushing her baby Cinderella in her stroller. Then as I watched DD1 she gave me that face. All mommy's know 'the face'. 'The face' that tells you that she is handling her business. So I finished and put the chicken in the oven. I grabbed DD1 to change her poppy diaper As I yelled (I know I should have gotten it myself) at DS9 to get me a diaper in the bathroom, I hear the words all moms fear. "THERE ARE NO DIAPERS IN HERE!" No worries I thought. I yelled back "Go in the closet and get me one out of the diaper bag!" DD1 was laying on the floor and I was trying to entertain her as she tried to wiggle away. Then DS9 yelled back "Nope, no diapers here either!" That's when DH finally decided to chime in and said the words that all wives love to hear "Didn't you say you were getting diapers at the store yesterday when you were out. You knew she was running low!" Lets back track a little. DH takes the baby every morning to daycare. Before he goes he ALWAYS changes DD1's diaper since he gets her out of her crib at 5:45am. You'd think that when he grabbed the LAST diaper this morning he would've said something but.....here we are. Dinner in the oven and all I can do is run to the store and hope she can make it until I get back without having an accident.

So off I go. Grab my keys and hop in the car. I'm driving like a bat out of hell hoping and praying DD1 doesn't have an accident because I know I will NEVER hear the end of it. I get to the grocery store and go to grab my wallet out of my purse and...... NO WALLET! I did what any mom would do and screamed a few obscenities before I put my car in reverse to head back to the house once again driving like a bat out of hell. I get home and luckily DH has DD1 in the bath so if she goes she'll go in the tub. I quickly grab my wallet and once again drive like a bat out of hell back to the store where I finally was able to get my DD1 some diapers.

So why am I sharing this story, Well it's because I know I am not the first person this has ever happened to. What I learned is I should "ALWAYS HAVE A STASH" of CASH in my car for an EMERGENCY! So there you have it. Another lesson learned.

1 comment:

  1. Shawna Cassidy NievesJanuary 5, 2011 at 6:00 PM

    OMG Gretchen I can't tell you how many times that seemed to happen to me when my 3 were in diapers...But it doesn't just happen with diapers with me, I am always running out of something & heading to the store only to find no money in my purse or no wallet either...Men, they are so frustrating sometimes. It's a good thing we put up with all their flaws! LOL Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete